Friday, September 30, 2011

What is a listening muse?

This was my original posting in January 2011.  My intention was a monthly posting.  Didn't happen! So when I tried to access my blog - it had disappeared.  Here is blog number 1 - again.

The Listening Muse

Welcome to the Listening Muse, a name I had originally thought might be the title of an e-newsletter for my business, The Listening Center.  It turned out to be one of those good ideas that just sat on a shelf somewhere in my unconsciousness.  Fast forward a couple of years or more and I had this strong sense that it was time for me to start writing a blog. What to call it?  Aha – the Listening Muse reappeared in my conscious mind.

I liked the word muse – it brought up images of an ethereal figure inspiring creativity and art. It also rhymes with news, which seemed rather clever at the time.  On a deeper level, I know that I am being guided/inspired/led by a something beyond anything I know that I could create on my own. For me it is a sense of the Divine calling me forth.  It is not about what I want to do, it is about what I am being called to do – what I am here to accomplish. It’s more like a gift I’ve been given to share.

For the past fourteen years I have been engaged in an exploration of what it means to listen and be listened to – what I call the sacred art of listening. It all started with conversations with my spiritual mentor, who kept asking me probing questions about what I was up to in my life. He saw something in me that I didn’t see in myself. After several months it became clear to me that my vocation, my calling, was shifting. Once I committed to following that path, miracles began to happen. Everything seemed to fall into place. I began to see that my job was to stay present, open, and to listen for what wanted to happen next and it would manifest. I learned to trust that voice.

So this blog is an opportunity for me to share what I am listening to. Asking what wants to be said at this point in time – coming from a place of not knowing and yet trusting that if I am quiet, still and present I will hear the response to that question.  My hope is that you will engage with me by responding  with your stories, ideas and comments. For it is in the interaction that we will find connection, become related and learn from each other.

(It is nearly the end of the day, and my promise was to get started by my birthday, January 7th. Just made it!)

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately there are a lot of AIDS/Herpes denials on Herbal cures still out there. I did research on them after I was tested HIV/Herpes positive I was so worried am I going to die soon. I continue my search again on herbal remedy for Std, then I found lots of testimony on how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine Cured HIV/Aids, Herpes Virus,Copd, Hepatitis, Diabetes, On websites sharing their testimonies, which made much more sense to me. All the authors pronounce Dr Itua As a man with Good Heart, I pick interest in their testimonies and I contact him about my situation then he gave me procedure how it works, I proceed after one week he courier his Herbal Medicine to me and instruct me on how to drink it for two weeks to cure. I receive His Herbal Medicine so I drank it for two weeks as I was told then after 2 days I go for a test I found out I was cured from HIV/Aids & Herpes Virus, I pay homage to him 2 months ago to his country to celebrate with him on his African festival which he told me it usually happens every year. I know there are lots of (HIV)/Aids&Herpes Virus denials of Herbal Remedy movement the same few doctors and they represent a very small faction of the community. I could have died because I refused Natural Herbs Cures for so long, but luckily, by the grace of God I am alive to tell my story. Contact Info...Whatsapp Number...+2348149277967,Email...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/My Instagram Username...avat5634 Just in case you need someone to talk with.

    ReplyDelete